May 1 • All Day
New England Future Faculty Workshop for Underrepresented Groups in STEM Fields (NE-FFW)-Application Due
- Organizer: ADVANCE Office of Faculty Development
- Venue: Raytheon Ampitheater, Egan Research Center
The New England Future Faculty Workshop will be held on the Northeastern University campus on July 10, 2018. This full-day conference is designed for participants from groups the NSF has identified as being underrepresented in STEM fields - specifically women, persons with disabilities, and those from three racial and ethnic groups—blacks, Hispanics, and American Indians or Alaska Natives. The conference includes sessions discussing the following topics:
• Finding your institutional fit
• Appropriate CV structure and content
• Crafting a compelling research statement
• Interviewing skills
• Developing time management skills
• Identifying an action plan for first year faculty
• Negotiating a job offer
In addition, participants will have the opportunity to network with current and future STEM faculty.
Applications will be accepted until May 1, 2018. If selected for the conference, you will be notified via email and provided directions on how to register. A fee of $50 will be required at the time or registration.
Email Erinn Taylor de Barroso at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you require a $50 registration fee waiver.