The Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Research Participation Program is designed to provide opportunities for students, postgraduates, established scientists and faculty to participate in programs, projects, and activities that support the mission of the EERE. Participants will hold appointments at DOE-EERE Headquarters, EERE field offices, and other EERE-approved sites. Participants will receive hands-on experience that provides them with an understanding of the mission, operations, and culture of EERE.
Appointments are for up to two years. The initial appointment period is one year. Extension of the appointment will be subject to satisfactory progress toward completion of the project goals and availability of funds. Final decisions regarding the extension of the appointment for a second year will be made by the U.S. DOE, EERE, Solar Energy Technology Office (SETO) in consultation with the Host Institution.
Stipends will be based on appointment level and commensurate with qualifications:
- Level 1: Participants with a Bachelor’s degree will receive a stipend starting at $40,000.
- Level 2: Participants with a Ph.D. or J.D. will receive a stipend starting at $70,000. Participants with a Master’s degree will start at $55,000.
- Level 3: The stipend amount will be based on the Level 2 rate plus a factor for years of relevant experience after the receipt of the degree.
Participants will be eligible to receive an allowance of up to $10,000 for education and/or scientific activities, health insurance supplement, and possible relocation travel up to $5,000.
- Citizenship: LPR or U.S. Citizen
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or Doctoral Degree.
- Age: Must be 18 years of age