- This event has passed.
Jun 28 • 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Innovation Series: Funding for Commercialization
- Organizer: Center for Research Innovation
Commercialization of grant-funded research provides additional opportunities for Northeastern inventors to increase the impact of their work. Financial support is available to help you move your research out of the lab and into the hands of the people who will benefit. Join the College of Science, Center for Research Innovation (CRI), and Health Sciences Entrepreneurs (HSE) for a virtual panel discussion on procuring funding for commercialization. Our panel will include perspectives from faculty who have succeeded (and struggled) to secure commercialization-oriented funding as well as commentary from an application reviewer for America’s Seed Fund powered by NSF (also known as the NSF SBIR/STTR program). In addition, the panel will highlight financial support available at Northeastern to advance technologies towards commercialization including the CRI’s Spark Fund.
Moderator and panelists include:
- Katie Hemphill – Director of Technology Ventures & Talent Network at the CRI
- Leila Deravi - Assistant Professor of Chemistry & Chemical Biology, Co-founder & Scientific Advisor for Seaspire Skincare
- Sunny Zhou - Professor of Chemistry & Chemical Biology, Co-founder & Scientific Advisor for NIRa Biosciences
- Jan Skerswetat - Postdoctoral Researcher in Psychology, Co-founder & President of PerZeption Inc.
- Eugene Buff – Entrepreneur-in-Residence at the HSE, Founder & President of Primary Care Innovation Consulting
Please share this invitation to any colleagues, postdocs, and students that would be interested in attending. You may register for the event using the RSVP button above.