The Northeastern PhD Network is an organization designed to build community among PhD students. The Network provides students with support and resources university wide to enhance their educational experience and career preparation.
Shared values unite PhD-centered activities at Northeastern, which prepares critical thinkers to tackle society’s most challenging problems:
- Excellence with purpose: All PhD programs combine academic rigor with societal impact.
- Innovative thinking: Our education programs, mentoring activities, and research scholarship promote novel content and pathfinding approaches.
- Crossing boundaries: PhD students transcend disciplinary and international boundaries during their innovative educational journey.
- Integrative education: The integration of scholarship and research training with collaborative fieldwork and professional development provides a uniquely experiential education.
- Inclusive diversity: Students and faculty from diverse cultures and backgrounds drive excellence by bringing a wide range of perspectives to our distinctive programs.
At Northeastern, every PhD student has opportunities to acquire experience beyond traditional dissertation research. Exposure to and integration with our many industry and academic partners — through internships, fieldwork, and other collaborations, and in authentic settings, from laboratories, startup companies, and nonprofit institutions — lead to research with greater impact and broader career opportunities, both within and beyond academia.
Explore these pages to learn more about:
- Resources that support PhD students’ educational, professional, and personal lives;
- Events created especially for PhD students, both at Northeastern and through our partners; and
- Funding in support of fellowships, internships, and conference attendance.
We look forward to your participating in and benefiting from PhD Network sponsored activities throughout the coming academic year. Please explore this site and share your ideas, reactions, and news.