Students supported by a Stipended Graduate Assistantship (SGA) or a Fellowship through Northeastern University during the Fall term of any academic year may receive coverage under the Northeastern University Student Health Plan (NUSHP) through their SGA. PhD students who will be supported by an SGA in the Spring term of an academic year and will be away from campus during the Fall term of the same academic year are eligible to request that their Spring SGA award include coverage under NUSHP for the entire academic year provided the PhD student is:
- A continuing student enrolled in a Northeastern PhD major and supported by an SGA or Northeastern Fellowship for at least 1 semester in the previous academic year; and
- Engaged in Fall term activities for academic purposes that require the student to be away from campus such as an internship or engaging in research at another location within or outside the United States; and
- Enrolled as a full time student during the Fall term; and
- In academic good standing; and
- Making acceptable progress in research.
Notes about this new online request. PhD Students: Login with your firstname.lastname@example.org NOT email@example.com. Once you submit your Fall NUSHP Coverage request. Your request will be emailed to your PhD Advisor. Once your advisor approves, the request will be sent to your Department Chair and then the PhD Network. Let your advisor know that the approval request will be sent under the email sender: “Microsoft Flow”.
Please let us know how this goes by giving us feedback.