IBUILD: Innovation in Buildings Graduate Research Fellowship
The Innovation in Buildings (IBUILD) Graduate Research Fellowship, managed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory, will strengthen the pool of well-trained, diverse MS and PhD scholars who are equipped for research-intensive building technologies careers across all sectors. IBUILD Fellows will receive research and educational support to conduct innovative research at their home institution in an area with demonstrated relevance to building energy efficiency. In addition to funding high quality research, the fellowship will provide professional development, mentoring, networking, and internship opportunities.
US Department of Energy Building Technologies Office (BTO) provides resources and strategies to significantly reduce building energy use and intensity. BTO’s funded research has contributed to significant improvement in building energy efficiency including new technologies in solid-state lighting, energy-saving windows, heat pump water heaters, and high-efficiency furnaces and air conditioners.
Awards are made in 12 month increments
- $35K stipend
- Up to $16K education allowance
- Up to $12K research travel and materials
- Up to $25K limited tuition allowance
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR).
- Be enrolled or intend to enroll as a full-time doctoral or master’s graduate student by September 1, 2023 at a qualified program requiring a research thesis/dissertation at an accredited U.S. college or university. Proof of enrollment will be required before a Fellowship can start.
- Have a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale.
If you have questions, please send an email to [email protected]. Please list the reference code for this opportunity in the subject line of your email.