The PhRMA Foundation’s Predoctoral Fellowship in Value Assessment-Health Outcomes Research (VA-HOR) is designed to support promising students (U.S. and non-U.S. citizens) during advanced stages of training and thesis research in value assessment and health outcomes research.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET
Up to two years.
Upper: $50,000USD Lower: $25,000USD
- Applicants (U.S. and non-U.S. citizens) must attend an accredited U.S. university as full-time, in-residence students.
- Individuals just beginning graduate school should not apply. Applicants will have completed most of their pre-thesis requirements (at least two years of coursework) and be engaged in thesis research as PhD candidates by the time the award is activated. Award activation can begin as early as July 1, 2023, or as late as December 1, 2023.
- Applicants should expect to complete their PhD requirements in two years or less from the time funding begins.
- The thesis adviser’s letter of support must verify the applicant’s doctoral candidacy.
- Applicants enrolled in MD/PhD programs should not be engaged in required clinical coursework or clerkships while the fellowship is active.
- Fellows are expected to devote full time (including summers) to their research.
- Predoctoral fellowships should not be seen as a way to fund the principal investigator’s currently funded research project.
- The Foundation will not consider multiple applications for the same or similar efforts on the same project. If multiple applicants are submitting proposed efforts on the same project, the efforts must be separate activities and not duplicative. This pertains to applications in all four categories of our VA-HOR programs (predoctoral and postdoctoral fellowships, faculty starter grants, and mid-career faculty grants).