Apple Scholars is a program created to recognize the contributions of emerging leaders in computer science and engineering at the graduate and postgraduate level. As part of Apple Scholars, Apple is proud to announce the recipients of PhD fellowships in AI/ML.
Doctoral students are eligible to request their advisors to submit a nomination on their behalf by August 10, 2022 using this form (password has been sent to advisors in a separate email). Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominated students will receive a request to provide the following additional information and documentation by August 24, 2022:
- Self-identification as member of an underrepresented minority (if applicable)
- Confirmation that they will be full time students during academic year 2023-2024
- Expected graduation term
- Remaining coursework
- Other sources of graduate funding
- Name and email of one reference, other than PhD advisor
- CV and publication list
- Research abstract (200 word maximum)
- Research statement covering past work and proposed direction for next 2 years (
5 page maximum1 page for internal nomination, including citations, in a legible font size) clearly stating the hypothesis and expected contributions to the chosen research area
- Link to most recent published work (optional)
An internal evaluation committee will select three students to be nominated by Northeastern University to the Apple Scholars in AI/ML PhD Fellowship. Selected students should work with their college Research Admin team and NU-RES Pre-award support to complete the nomination process.
See Eligibility below for more details.
Support for research and academic travel for two years, internship opportunities, and a two-year mentorship with an Apple researcher in their field.
Invited institutions may nominate up to (3) PhD students pursuing research relevant to the
research areas listed in the nomination guidelines.
Nominees must meet the following criteria to be considered:
• Nominee must be enrolled full time at the nominating university at the start of Fall 2023, and expect to be enrolled through the end of the 2023/2024 academic year
• Nominee should be entering their last 2-3 years of study as of Fall 2023
• Nominee must not hold another industry-sponsored full fellowship while they are an Apple Scholar in AI/ML (Fall 2023 to Summer 2025)
- Student’s PhD advisors
- College Research Administration support teams
Questions about nomination process: [email protected]