2023 Google PhD Fellowship Program – Student Announcement
Google PhD Fellowships directly support graduate students as they pursue their PhD, as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor.
Google PhD Fellowship students are a select group recognized by Google researchers and their institutions as some of the most promising young academics in the world. The Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neural and Cognitive Sciences
- Health Research
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Recommender Systems
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
Research should align with Google AI Principles.
For more information on nomination guidelines, see Frequently asked questions page.
Doctoral students are eligible to request their advisors to submit a nomination on their behalf by August 10, 2022 using the form located here (password has been sent to advisors in a separate email). Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominated students will receive request to provide additional information by August 24, 2022:
- Self-identification as member of an underrepresented minority (if applicable)
- Confirmation that they will be full time students during the upcoming academic year
- Expected graduation term
- Remaining coursework
- Other sources of funding
- Relationship to Google
- Names and emails of two references
- CV with links to website and publications (if available)
- Research/dissertation proposal, including references
(maximum 8 pages)(1 page for internal nomination)
An internal evaluation committee will select four students to be nominated by Northeastern University to the Google PhD Fellowship. Selected students, once approved for nomination to the Google PhD Fellowship, please work with your college Research Admin team and NU-RES Pre-award support to complete the nomination process.
See Eligibility below for more details.
Up to 3 years
- Full tuition and fees (enrollment fees, health insurance, books) plus a stipend to be used for living expenses, travel and personal equipment
- Google Research Mentor
Doctoral students are eligible to request their advisors to submit a nomination on their behalf.
Universities should only nominate students that meet the following requirements:
- Full-time graduate students pursuing a PhD and enrolled in an institution in one of the regions listed above.
- Completed graduate coursework by the academic award year when the Fellowship begins.
- Students must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Google employees, and their spouses, children, and members of their household are not eligible.
- Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible. Government or non-profit organization funding is exempt.
Questions about nomination process: [email protected].
Questions about application materials: contact your College Research Administration support team.