LEADERs is an exciting new initiative that enables private and public-sector organizations to engage with outstanding PhD students in business-aligned research projects. LEADERs— Leadership Education Advancing Discovery through Embedded Research—addresses challenges to innovative enterprises and organizations while enhancing educationfor PhD students in fields from STEM to the social sciences and humanities. The LEADERs Program was developed by Northeastern’s PhD Network and Gordon Institute of Engineering Leadership.
Are you looking for opportunities to?
- Take the skillset of your workforce to the highest level?
- Partner with world-class faculty researchers to address an important challenge?
- Access the emerging technologies and resources of a global research university?
A LEADERs partnership offers many benefits:
- A PhD student, known as a LEADERs Fellow, who can complete a project co-designed with you to meet your unique needs
- A chance to tap superb PhD-level talent—people who are the “right fit” for your organization
- Access to the university’s robust interdisciplinary research ecosystem
- Ongoing opportunities to engage PhD students and initiate research collaborations with the Northeastern University faculty
How does LEADERs work?
- Each LEADERs Fellow is identified through a process that aligns an organization’s needs with the Fellow’s educational goals
- Prior to joining your team, LEADERs Fellows prepare through a leadership development course on organizational systems, situational communication, privacy requirements, and teamwork
- Fellow embark on an appropriate project, guided by a partner representative and a Northeastern faculty advisor
- LEADERs Fellows are embedded within your organization, generally for eight months. Upon completing their project, Fellows prepare a written report and present their results
Northeastern has a long history of forging effective partnerships through:
- Flexible IP arrangements that work for all parties
- Research aligned with business and technological imperatives, designed to transform our world
- Educational innovation driven by the Gordon Institute, a nationally recognized graduate program aligned with industry needs
- Unique and long-term ecosystem alliances dedicated to talent and research development