The LEADERs Program is a new experiential learning initiative that integrates leadership and professional-skills education with a research project at an organization in industry or the public sector. The program—Leadership Education Advancing Discovery through Embedded Research—enriches students’ own research as they address the real-world needs of enterprises in fields from STEM to the social sciences and humanities.
Are you a Northeastern PhD student looking to know more about the Spring 2019 LEADERs program?
- Nominate interested PhD students at the button to the right. A nomination does not need to be aligned to a posted Opportunity (see below).
- Review the LEADERs partners and potential opportunities at the button above. You will be required to use your myNortheastern credentials to view these opportunities.
- If there are one or more partners or projects that excite you, feel free to self-nominate via any partner. Just click on the partner description and choose the nominate button.
- If you are interested in LEADERs and there isn’t a clear opportunity currently posted, that’s OK. We are expecting additional opportunities to become available.
- All nominations received will be considered across all opportunities. You need only need submit one nomination form specifying each of the opportunities for which you would like to be considered.
- Faculty research advisors will be asked to provide a second nomination to all self-nominated candidates.
- A nomination committee that includes faculty and partner input will make the final matches.
- Students not matched this year will be considered in future years.
- Opportunities will be matched on a first-come basis. PhD students are encouraged to submit their resumes and interest early in the Spring 2019 term.
- Opportunities will be posted as they become available. So, check back regularly and submit nominations as soon as possible.
- Alignment between competencies, experience, and partner priorities is required for a match. For this reason all partners presented may not be matched with a PhD student in the 2019 cycle.